Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Best Damn Root Beer

 Type: Beer
 Price: About $10 for 6 12 oz. Bottles
 Alcohol: 5.5%
 Flavor: 1 out of 5 Stars

 I look for two things in an alcoholic beverage; great taste and a mellow buzz. I'm not interested in the "privilege" of paying for an over-priced beverage or something that requires that I develop a taste for it.  The drinks that get high-marks with me simply taste good and are enjoyable.

 If you have to get used to the taste, then it doesn't taste good.  This is the case with Best Damn Root Beer.  The flavor is almost bitter.  I understand that this is perhaps what an actual root beer is supposed to taste like, and that the soda root beers are not at all a root beer.  Still, as a fan of A&W and Barq's, this root beer is a real let-down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment