Sunday, March 13, 2016

Not Your Father's Root Beer

 Type: Beer
 Price: About $10 for 6 12 oz. Bottles
 Alcohol: 5.9%
 Flavor: 2.5 out of 5 Stars

 I look for two things in an alcoholic beverage; great taste and a mellow buzz. I'm not interested in the "privilege" of paying for an over-priced beverage or something that requires that I develop a taste for it.  The drinks that get high-marks with me simply taste good and are enjoyable.

 I like root beer.  If you don't like root beer, this is not the drink for you.  As much as I like root beer, I really don't think this is the drink for me, either.  There are things I like about the look of the bottle immediately.  I enjoy the antique illustration and formatting of the label.  The bottle requires a bottle opener, lending to the drink a sense of legitimacy in my mind.  The drink itself leaves a few things to be desired.  The initial taste is alright, though falling short of a root beer soda flavor.  The heavy vanilla, however, has a bitter after-taste that does not improve as you drink it.  It is not a purchase I will make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment